Front view of the Cistercian abbey of Royaumont
The bibliographical pages are divided into five sections.
- The alphabetical listing presents, in alphabetical order, publications relevant to Vincent of Beauvais and his works and Fortleben.
The four remaining sections offer a dedicated view on this bibliographical material.
- The section General Studies concentrates on general issues regarding Vincent's biography and oeuvre. Many items refer to entries in biographical dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- The section Speculum Maius constitutes by far the most important part. It is subdivided, in its turn, into six sections presenting
- studies on larger parts or the whole of the Speculum Maius;
- studies on the Speculum Naturale;
- studies on the Speculum Doctrinale;
- studies on the Speculum Historiale;
- studies on the Memoriale Temporum;
- studies on the (apocryphal) Speculum Morale.
- The section Political works first lists general studies on Vincent's Opus universale de statu principis or Opus politicum, followed by a list of studies on his De morali principis institutione and De eruditione filiorum nobilium.
- The last and by far smallest section lists publications on Vincent's theological works.